InnovationLab GmbH undertakes the management of the research and development platform and brings shareholders and partners together for cooperative research in joint facilities.
InnovationLab is a unique research & development platform and education model designed to foster cross-disciplinary research and innovation at the interface of academia and industry.
Since foundation in 2008 by a strong group of like-minded shareholders, InnovationLab GmbH acts as the managing company of the research & development platform.
We offer services in technical supply and maintenance of laboratories and scientific equipment, labor security, intellectual property protection and commercialization. Partners can work with our printing operations team in our facilities to test, develop and prove processes, devices, applications, and products. Our cluster management team coordinates an agile community, consisting of partners onsite and the extended network.
Shareholders of InnovationLab GmbH are:
- BASF SE, the world`s leading chemical company
- Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG, a major provider and reliable partner to the global printing industry for many years
- SAP SE, one of the largest software enterprises
- Heidelberg University, Ruperto Carola, one of the most ancient German Universities with Excellence and a strong international orientation
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) – The Research University in the Helmholtz Association, one of the biggest research and education institutions worldwide aiming at unrestricted exchange of knowhow and sustainable innovation culture
Our relationship to University of Heidelberg is covered by a technology pipeline agreement that grants us exclusive commercialization rights over organic electronics intellectual property developed at the InnovationLab, likewise pipeline agreements have been signed with shareholders and partners.