InnovationLab GmbH manages the research and development platform and brings together shareholders and partners for cooperative research in joint facilities.
InnovationLab (iL) is a unique research & development platform and education model designed to foster cross-disciplinary research and innovation at the interface of academia and industry.
We are the experts in printed electronics providing tailored print solutions for customer R&D challenges. Our expertise relies on a solid understanding of materials, processes and printing technologies being essential for the developement of flexible and hybrid electronic systems. With our academic and industrial partners, such as BASF SE, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, and Heidelberg University, we permanently increase our portfolio in printed electronics.
We offer services in R&D facility management, technical supply and maintenance of laboratories and scientific equipment, laboratory security, consulting, intellectual property protection, and commercialization. Partners can work with our printing operations team in our facilities to test, develop and prove processes, devices, applications, and products. Our cluster management team coordinates the agile community, consisting of partners onsite and in the extended network. Even more, we train young scientists and partners' personnel in printed and organic electronics.
Shareholders of InnovationLab are:
- BASF SE, the world`s leading chemical company
- Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG, a major provider and reliable partner to the global printing industry for many years
- SAP SE, one of the largest software enterprises
- Heidelberg University, Ruperto Carola, one of the most ancient German Universities with Excellence and a strong international orientation
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) – The Research University in the Helmholtz Association, one of the biggest research and education institutions worldwide aiming at unrestricted exchange of knowhow and sustainable innovation culture
Our relationship to University of Heidelberg is covered by a technology pipeline agreement that grants us exclusive commercialization rights over organic electronics intellectual property developed at InnovationLab, likewise pipeline agreements have been signed with shareholders and partners.