PRESSURE MAPPING DEVKIT
The DevKit for Pressure Mapping provides access to high quality, crosstalk-less, state-of-the-art readout precision. What is your application?
Prototyping Platform for Force-sensitive Matrices
InnovationLab’s DevKit for force-sensitive matrices is the perfect entry-level solution for capturing and visualizing detailed data from printed pressure sensor matrices. It provides you with everything you need to perform your own experiments and evaluate different sensor architectures, resolutions, sensitivities and materials with respect to your application.
It is based on a high-performing analog module, which is the same as in other high-tech electronics by InnovationLab. This enables a state-of-the-art readout precision without distorting interference of leakage currents (so-called crosstalk). The DevKit comes with a dedicated software for reading, displaying, storing, and analyzing the data from the foil sensor. Moreover, a simple Arduino-based programming interface allows the usage of existing software and to tailor the data processing to the individual requirements.
- State-of-the-art read-out electronics without cross-talk
- 12-bit ADC resolution
- Supports sensor matrices with a resolution up to 32x32 sensor pixels
- Alternatively, up to 8 individual FSR sensor pixels can be read out simultaneously
- Scan frequency (for 32x32 matrix): 8 Hz
- Implementation as extension board for Arduino NanoBLE©
- Programmable via Arduino IDE, source code available
1. Hardware Components:
- Main board with 1 Analog Module
- Arduino Nano BLE (pre-programmed)
The DevKit elecronics is specifically designed for the read-out of pressure sensor matrices, but can be applied for diverse passive resistive matrices in general. Please find the tech specs of the DevKit electronics in our product brief and contact us directly in case of questions.
2. Software - proprietary and open-source:
- Proprietary SensorMatrixLAB software - basic license
- Open-source Unix console client with Arduino Code (github)
- Open-source Arduino Code (github)
We specifically developed our SensorMatrixLAB software for the visualization and the processing of the collected data from our pressure sensor matrices. It offers many sophisticated features which you can find more information on here. At the same time, both the Arduino and the date interface can be customized by open-source code.
3. Three different FSR sensor foils:
- TM29x17: Thru mode architecture with high spatial resolution for high pressure on 50 µm PI foil
- TM21x20: Thru mode architecture for large area applications on 25 µm PI foil
- SM32x10: Shunt mode architecture with specifically high sensitivity on 75 µm PEN foil
These three matrices cover a broad range of different parameters and are intended for first testings and determinations of demanded specs. As soon as the requirements are clarified the foils can be replaced with customized layouts, tailored in size, resolution and substrate material.
Any questions? Contact us here.