AT A GLANCE
Find here some more facts about InnovationLabs residents, users & associated scientists, diversity, scientific output, current research projects, start-up & spin-off companies and facilities at a glance.
Facts & Figures
Residents, Users & Associated Scientists
Industry: 34 %
Universities: 66 %
Scientific output (2009 - 11/2017)
> 20 Working groups involved at InnovationLab:
Diploma/Master Theses: 87
Bachelor Theses: 74
Current public funded research projects
- BMBF project BioLICHT: Printed Bio-Organic Light-Emitting Devices: Towards Sustainable Optoelectronics
- EU funded ("Initial Training Networks (ITN) - Marie Curie Actions") project INFORM: Interfaces in opto-electronic thin film multilayer devices - www.itn-inform.eu/
- BMBF project INTERPHASE: Design principles of organic electronics: Heterogeneity by volume and interphases (interfaces)
- BMBF project POESIE: The capability of printed organic electronics: Optimized materials, fluids and liquid phase processes
- BMBF project TRISENSE:
Phase 1 - Establishing international relationships with high-potential regions owning complementary competencies in printed organic electronics via cluster-cluster cooperations.
Phase 2 - Through joint R&D projects with cooperating clusters in Korea and the US, InnovationLab and partners are aiming to build a sustainable global innovation system for printed electronics applications.
Start-up & Spin-off companies
- GT + W GmbH: The core competences include developing and customising gravure and flexographic printing presses for printed electronics. GT + W are following the approach of a full-service provider, offering systems and equipment for functional printing as well as engineering and consulting services.
- otego GmBH: otego develops innovative thermoelectric generators (TEG) as an independent energy supply for wireless sensors and actuators. TEGs convert heat directly into electric power as soon as there is a condition of differences in temperature.
- peptech: peptech is a newly founded technology company with focus on the development and production of functional printing inks, process development of flexible and printed electronics. peptech stands for “printed electronic process technology”.
Office space: 2330 m²
Laboratory space: 1170 m²
Other spaces: 1600 m²
Total space: 5100 m²