The InnovationLab joint R&D platform offers state-of-the-art infrastructure along with extensive expertise in order to develop novel products from laboratory scale to industrial scale.
R&D Equipment Pool
The InnovationLab joint research and development platform offers all partners state-of-the-art equipment within 700m² cleanroom labs and 470m² chemical preparation & electrical characterization labs.
- small and medium size printing proofers up to DIN A4 (210x297 mm)
- large scale roll-to-roll printing press (330 mm width)
- comprehensive equipment pool for device preparation & characterization
Clustertool = Ultra high vacuum system for investigation of organic thin-film layer systems without breaking vacuum and critical sample transfers.
- vacuum evaporation
- solution processing (spin-coater)
- dry nitrogen glovebox
- Auriga® CrossBeam® - Workstation (SEM, FIB, GIS)
- Physical Electronics PHI 5000 VersaProbe (XPS, UPS, IPES)
- Bruker Vertex 80v (FTIR-Spectrometer)
- DME BRR scanning probe microscopy (AFM, STM, SKP)
In the competence center Printing new materials concepts and processes are being developed. The available printing equipment is specifically well-suited for testing of new materials and up-scaling of processes to production scale.
Printing Stage 1: “proof of concept”
- substrate size: up to 50 mm
- small fluid amounts
Printing Stage 2: “prototyping”
substrate size: up to 150 mm
fluid amounts: 5-75 ml
Printing Stage 3: “scale-up”
- printing and drying of single or multilayer functional material systems
- large volume manufacturing capabilities
- substrate size > DIN A4 (210x297 mm)
- material consumption ~200 ml
PEP3 (based on Gallus RCS 330)
- printing processes: flexo, gravure, screen and offset printing
- optional: inkjet printing
- drying: UV, IR, convection and active cooling